The defending 2015 District Blue Champions and State Championship runner up plays their game of the season against Minneapolis Washburn on Friday, September 2. It will be the first of four straight AWAY games for the Polars. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00pm.
Our first Home game is not until September 30 against St. Paul Central. The Varsity and JV football schedules are attached.
FYI: Our homecoming game date has been changed to Saturday, October 8. Kickoff is at 12:00pm.
The Polar girls begin their season on a road trip to Brooklyn Center on Thursday, September 1. The C-squad begins play at 4:30pm followed by the Varsity match starting at 6:00pm. The Varsity and JV schedule are attached.
Lower Level Sports
This section gives attention to North High School sports for 6-8th grades and the lower level teams that play at Anwatin and Franklin middle schools. Our coaches will manage these high school teams that allow 7-8 grade participants. Soccer is the only fall sport that allows 6th grade participants. Below is a list of fall sports and grades that are sponsored by North High School.
Soccer grades 6-8 (co-ed play)
Volleyball grades 7-8 (girls only)
Football grades 7-8
· View all of our sports schedules on the Minnesota State High School League website at MSHSL.org.
· Times and dates of our contests are subject to change.
North Athletic Department Updates
Athletics at North experienced great growth with upgraded facilities and resources over the summer. Below is a brief synopsis of our improvements.
New Fitness Center
Thanks to a Hennepin County grant we are anticipating the opening of our new fitness area in the west wing! It will focus on providing new space for physical education and sports.
Hobbs Field Additions
· Painting of the press box
· Reconstructed paving of the plaza area
· Painting of the concessions building
· New yardage markers on the fence
· Painting of the goal posts and scoreboard
Additional Plans completed this fall
· Reconstructed press box stairs.
· Reconstructed track
· Scoreboard additions and painting
· Press box speakers
· New LED lighting
· Reconstruction of the lobby storage areas for concessions and team store
· New banners and branding