Minneapolis North Community High School
September 26, 2016
The Ploars JV squad defeated Spectrum JV 44-0.
· The Polar JV-Squad host the ST. Paul Central JV on Thursday, September 29 at Hobbs field at 4:00pm.
· The Polars varsity host their first home game of the season against St. Paul Central on Friday, September 30. Kickoff is scheduled for 4:00pm.
Note: St. Paul Central will be celebrating its 1000th football game. It is reported that it’s the most games played by any high school in the state. A brief ceremony at half time is planned so we are expecting large number of Central fans for this game.
Our homecoming game against Minneapolis Roosevelt has been changed to Saturday, October 8. Kickoff is at 12:00pm.
The Polar girls we play the remainder of the season with a varsity and two C-Squad teams
· Today, Tuesday, September 27 we host Minneapolis Washburn. On Thursday, September 29 the girls travel to Minneapolis Patrick Henry. Both games are schedule for the C-squad matches to start at 5:30pm followed by the Varsity matches at 7:00pm.
· View all of our sports schedules on the Minnesota State High School League website at MSHSL.org.
· Times and dates of our contests are subject to change.
Lower Level Sports
This section gives attention to North High School sports for 6-8th grades and the lower level teams that play at Anwatin and Franklin middle schools. Our coaches will manage these teams that allow 7-8 grade participants. Soccer is the only fall sport that allows 6th grade participants. Below is a list of fall sports and grades that are sponsored by North High School.
Soccer grades 6-8 (co-ed play). All Minneapolis Public Schools lower level soccer is played at the Blaine Sports Center on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Volleyball grades 7-8 (girls only) Lower level volleyball is played at the middle schools on Mondays and Wednesdays at 4:45pm. Only Anwatin Middle School will have a team this year. Franklin Middle School will not.
Football grades 7-8. Lower level athletes are allowed to play on each of the three high school teams at North.