School engagement is the key to school success!
Hi! My name is Ms. Carrie. I have worked for Check & Connect in MPS for over two years, previously at Hmong International Academy. I am excited to be here at North High School! Although this year I am only working part time, I will try to be as flexible as possible to support students, staff, and families. Please note my working hours and feel free to contact me via email: Carrie.Hatcher@mpls.k12.mn.us
Mondays 8:30 – 1:30
Tuesday 7:30 – 12:30
Wednesday 11 – 4
Thursdays (out of building)
Friday 11 – 3
CHECK & CONNECT
Check & Connect is a program developed to re-engage students in their education.
Through long-term sustained support, Check & Connect seeks to build a relationship with each student that will serve to connect them with their school and aid in their progress towards graduation.
Weekly conversations, tutoring and homework help form the basis for a trusted bond between the student and the Check & Connect monitor. This enables the monitor to individually and definitively determine the interventions best suited to the students’ needs. The monitor then works on behalf of the student as a mentor, tutor, problem-solver, listener and case advocate.
• Preventative-focuses on high school drop-out risk factors that can be altered through intervention.
• Builds capacity-instructs and encourages students in the acquisition of new skills.
• Efficient-coordinates student access to established resources within the school, at home and in the community.
• Outreach-structured to create long-term and trusted relationships
• Individualized-uniquely focuses on the individual needs of students.
• Adaptable-designed to incorporate the goals and strengths of the school and the local community.
CHECK & CONNECT IS ABOUT….
• Building a relationship with each student.
• Implementing interventions to keep students involved in their education.
• Monitoring grades, credits and attendance regularly.
• Offering academic support including tutoring after school.
• Facilitating collaboration between the school, home and community services to ensure educational success.
1500 James Ave. North Minneapolis, MN 55411
Telephone: 612.668.1700 | Fax: 612.668.1770